The Sentinel tribe has been isolated from the world for thousands of years. It is believed that they are staying away from the world because they want to stay away from diseases of common people.
The incident of the killing of an American tourist by the Sentinel Tribe of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is under discussion nowadays.
Media reports state that American tourist John Allen Chow wanted to preach Christianity on Sentinel Island, but was attacked and killed by tribals from the Sentinel tribe.
In fact, the Sentinel tribe has been isolated from the world for thousands of years. It is believed that they are staying away from the world because they want to stay away from diseases of common people.
Anthropologist Triloknath Pandit of India is the only person who succeeded in establishing contact with this tribe. He made several trips to the island between the years 1966 and 1991.
- People of the Sentinel tribe neither cultivate nor raise animals. They consume fruits, honey, tubers, pigs, turtles, fish.
- They have neither eaten salt nor tasted sugar yet. It is said that these people do not even know how the fire is extinguished.
- According to Triloknath Pandit, an Indian anthropologist, who has made contact with this tribe, his group has no head, but those who make arrows, spears, baskets, huts, etc. are respected.
- The people of the tribes of these islands do not marry in close relationships.
- According to the information, the children of this tribe begin to stand on their feet, from the same time they begin to train them to shoot arrows so that they grow up to become skilled and get respect.
- Sentinel tribes also have many practices, some of which are quite interesting. For example, in these tribes, if someone dies in a hut, no one lives in that hut.
- When sick, only herbs and prayers are used. These tribes also consider ghosts very much. They see good and evil ghosts and they also worship them.